Discover an age-old skill–learn the basics of bookbinding to enjoy unlimited creative opportunities. The only requirement for this course is an eager mind and a thirst for creativity.
- Understand terminology that will make bookbinding relatable
- Learn and understand the basic materials, tools, and construction techniques of bookbinding
- Make a one section blank hardback book
- Discover how to infuse contemporary design and innovation into a centuries-old craft
Suggested MaterialsThough many materials are required in this class, several can be substituted with items you already own at home.
Some specialty tools and materials include:
- X-ACTO blade or scalpel
- Bone/Teflon folder
- 45/45/90 degree triangle
- PVA (Polyvinyl Acetate glue)
- Linen thread
- Binder's/Davey Board
More details (and resources for where to purchase these items) and commonly used household materials are further described in the course